D T Flemming Beach Park
D.T. Fleming Beach Park
- Maui area—West Maui
- Drive time from the condo—About 45 minutes.
- Age appropriateness—All
- Activity duration— Couple of hours at the beach—don’t get sunburn!!!
- Directions— Take Hwy 30 toward Lahaina and proceed past the Kaanapali hotels, Honokowai and Kahana. Go past signs for Napili Beach and Kapalua Beach. Look for Office Road on the left and go past it. Next, go past two small roads on the left and get ready to make a sharp turn to the left. There is a tiny sign on the right that says DT Fleming Beach Park, then there is a sign off to the left that says DT Fleming Beach Park, where you will make a sharp left turn. (If you overshoot, just turn right at the Plantation Estates and use their road for a u-turn back to the highway.)
- Location map—see photos on this page for the map
- What to bring— Sunblock, cap/hat, towels, beach chairs, cooler with water and food. Wear bathing clothes.
- Summary description—Shady beach away from tourist areas.
- Detailed description— Lots of ironwood trees provide shade. Strong shorebreak can be rough and dangerous during high surf. Can be crowded during weekends and holidays. Showers and restrooms. Picnic areas, water.
Remember—Always remove valuables from your car
DT Flemming Beach Park_7134
DT Flemming Beach Park_7132
DT Flemming Beach Park_7130
Map of DT Flemming Beach