- Maui area—South Maui
- Drive time from the condo—About 30 minutes if you take the 31 bypass around Kihei.
- Age appropriateness—All
- Activity duration— Couple of hours at the beach—don’t get sunburn!!!
- Directions—First, take Hwy 30 toward Wailuku for short distance until you come to the signal light for Hwy 310, and then go toward Kiehi and Wailea. Turn right on Hwy 31 toward Wailea. Go through Wailea on Hwy 31 which is initially called Wailea Alanui Drive, then called Makena Alanui Drive. Go past Makena Landing Beach Park. Look for the Makena Beach & Golf Resort and go just past the entrance for it and turn a hard right toward the ocean at the next driveway which is Makena Road. There are parking spots on the street at the cul de sac, and if they are taken then go to the lot which you passed on the right before the end of the street. (If while on the main road you come to Makena State Park then you have gone a little too far.)
- Location map—see photos on this page for the map
- What to bring— Sunblock, cap/hat, towels, beach chairs, cooler with water and food. Wear bathing clothes.
- Summary description—Nice beach with restrooms & showers.
- Detailed description— Area of the cove is called “Turtle Town” due to the coral reef that attracts many turtles.
Remember—Always remove valuables from your car
Map of Maluaka Beach