- Maui area—South Maui.
- Drive time from the condo—35 minutes if you take the 31 bypass around Kihei.
- Age appropriateness—All.
- Activity duration— Couple of hours at the beach—don’t get sunburn!!!
- Directions— Take Hwy 30 toward Wailuku for short distance until you come to the signal light for Hwy 310, and then go toward Kiehi and Wailea. Turn right on Hwy 31 toward Wailea. Go through Wailea on Hwy 31. Look for the sign just after Wailea. If you come to Makena Landing, then you have gone too far.
- Location map—see photos on this page for the map.
- What to bring— Sunblock, cap/hat, towels, beach chairs, cooler with water and food. Wear bathing clothes.
- Summary description—Good swimming beach with snorkeling at both ends. Look for turtles in the snorkeling areas.
- Detailed description—Poolenalena Beach is a long sandy beach with wonderful views, and is a location for wedding photographers. The beach popular with local families, during the week, like other beaches in the area, it is less crowded. The south end of this beach fronts condos, and the north end has good snorkeling. The center area of the beach is popular with locals, families and fishermen—like other beaches in the area. Snorkeling is excellent around the rocky outcroppings at the south end of the beach. Boogie boarding is good for beginners when ocean is calm.
Remember—Always remove valuables from your car
Poolenalena Beach- westward
Poolenalena Beach- southward
Poolenalena Beach- northward
Map of Poolenalena Beach